Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hunting and Gathering

Today is that magical day; payday! We get two of those a month, and that means Hunting and Gathering Day.

Our ancestors were hunter-gatherers. They went out into the woods and fields, hunting meat and gathering other foods as they found them. I have the blessings of having had someone already do that for me, and my hunting-gathering is confined to places like Joseph's, Woodman's and WalMart (I know, I shouldn't. But I can't pay more than that for paper products!!.) So off I will go today, spending frivolously on food and drink the money my husband works hard to provide. Then comes the unloading...And the packing away...And the cuppa afterward...

I really don't mind Hunting and Gathering Days. They can be better than Laundry Days, doncha think?

No comments: